Key areas of Responsibilities:
- Perform ordering of goods and services according to communicated company policy and ensure purchases meet internal standards.
- Liaise with existing suppliers to obtain up to date pricing for third party services and ensure up to date product costing and pricing are communicated effectively to the business.
- Act as a trusted advisor to the sales team, being a primary point of contact for costing and pricing information, both current and future.
- Manage, maintain and support the ordering process and relevant software effectively.
- Maintain databases related to procurement in a timely and accurate manner.
- Provide activity and purchasing reports regularly and as required.
- Audit of goods inward and inventory to ensure adherence to process and provide quality assurance on purchase of goods.
- Support management of goods inwards process from Bill of Materials through to final disposal of asset.
- Actively research as necessary competitor pricing and industry trends to ensure the business remains competitive.
- Understanding of technical components of goods and services purchased.
- Ensure that KPIs and OLA’s are met or exceeded.
- Support the companies Accreditation programme, in line with its Technology Road Map.
- Provide a key linkage for departments in the Supply and Procurement function.
- Negotiate and track all costs savings.
- Support the BAU management of key suppliers.
- Perform any other reasonable duties consistent with the role as required.
- GCSEs (or equivalent) grades A*- C to include Maths, English and Science.
- Experience of working both in a team and independently.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills and experience with CRM/ERP.
- Highly professional and focussed on timely and accurate execution.
- Proven knowledge of material management.
- Strong understanding of contractual commitments and the importance of contract negotiations.
- Analytical and detailed.
- Strong and proven work ethic.
- 3 years+ experience working in purchasing or a similar business support role, is preferable.
- Communication: Excellent verbal and written skills across all mediums of communication.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to engage a variety of stakeholders in different roles at all organisational levels.
- Independent: the ability to work alone and get information required independently, and the ability to set own goals and manage own workload.
- Organisation: Ability to work to multiple challenging deadlines whilst managing multiple activities and to accept full accountability for meeting these and the ability to manage their time and demonstrates self-discipline.
- Attention to detail: Highly detail focused.
- Assertive: Ability to take responsibility for and ensure that deadlines are met and if not identify why not.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Proactive: Continuous improvement approach identifies, highlight and verbalise areas for improvement to Line Manager.
- Commercial: Has an understanding of costings, procurement and contractual capabilities.
The performance of this role will be measured against the following KPIs:
- Internal CAPEX OLA’s are achieved and hit.
- Monthly cost saving report is correct and delivered on time.
- Supplier RAG reports are kept up to date and are correct.
- A fast and precise service is delivered to the business and the Commercial Departments high standards are upheld.
- Strong working relationships with Key suppliers are implemented and established.
- Cross trained and has an in-depth knowledge of each role within the Commercial Department and business, with the flexibility of covering resource, as and when required.
Location: Croydon or Bournemouth
To apply for this position, please send us an email.