Key areas of Responsibilities:
- Perform the physical delivery of Deployment, Installation and Configuration of Programs/Resources onto Client Assets, comprising of but not limited to the following;
- OS Images and System Software Packs
- Applications and Productivity Software Suites
- Encryption configuration and authentication
- Mailbox Configuration and Authentication
- End User Login Profile
- Configuration of VPN Networks and Clients
- Configuration of Citrix and other Virtualisation Clients
- Symantec, MacAfee, Bit locker etc.
- Complete the Daily Asset Deployment requests allocated by the Asset Management team and process the assigned assets for shipping to client site or end user.
- Control the physical Identification and Withdrawal of all Client Assets in the Lifecycle Stores and on the CMDB.
- Control the Identification, Receipt, Storage and Recording of all Client Assets returned to the Lifecycle Stores.
- Update CMDB tickets/calls with all relevant changes and tracking information on client assets.
- Update and Maintain customer Asset Stock Report where one is used, with all relevant changes and tracking information on client assets.
- Assist the Asset Management team to Record and Report Asset Deployment/Returns Metrics to ensure they are aligned with agreed Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Maintain a stock pile of “Buffer Stock” assets in accordance with contractual obligations to the Client.
- Assist the Service Management Team to perform periodic asset discovery and audit tasks of the CMDB in conjunction with asset discovery and audit tasks of physical assets within the Lifecycle Stores.
- Perform Secure Data Erasure tasks to Infosec Standards using Blancco Data Erasure Software and generating erasure confirmation reports/logs for the assets wiped.
- Perform fault diagnostics on all recycled or refurbished Client Assets returned to the Lifecycle Stores prior to logging them on the CMDB.
- Perform basic hardware repair tasks on client assets where necessary e.g. replacing laptop keyboards or batteries.
- Liaise with SSL Engineers to execute Data Migration tasks and act as a reference for the SSL Lifecycle Administrator regarding DT queries.
- Control the physical Identification and Processing of client assets for Disposal as sanctioned by the Service Management Team.
- Scheduling, tracking and management of courier deliveries and collections, Obtaining PODs and resolving the related calls or queries.
- Testing Image Releases and Updates and provide reports on test progress, outcomes, success rates, issues and risks.
- Provide support for any outstanding known errors and workarounds and be involved with Problem Management during the release and deployment of new Images, applications etc.
- Handling client queries on a daily basis and providing the requisite response/update on all related activity within the service framework.
- Liaise with all Lifecycle Process Managers, Owners and Practitioners to ensure that there is an integrated approach to the design and implementation of Change Management, Change Evaluation, Release and Deployment Management and Service Validation and Testing.
- Computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems and Software Suites.
- Basic PC skills in software installation and configuration.
- Basic PC skills in hardware repairs and installation.
- Minimum qualifications of ‘A’.
- A+ Certification (preferable but not critical).
- Knowledge of CMBD systems preferable but not critical (training will be provided).
- Customer Service Experience (preferable but not critical).
- Basic knowledge of producing Ms Excel based reports (preferable but not critical).
- Good Organisation Skills.
- Good Communication Skills.
- Good work ethic and ability to work within a team.
Duration: 1 Year Fixed Term Contract
To apply for this position, please send us an email.